From: Kevin Carhart <kevin@carhart.net>
To: Charles Hallenbeck <chuckh@ftml.net>
Cc: Edbrowse Development <Edbrowse-dev@lists.the-brannons.com>
Subject: Re: [Edbrowse-dev] Login failure with 3.5.1
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2014 12:49:24 -0700 (PDT)	[thread overview]

hi Chuck,

I think this syntax:
> javascript:__doPostBack('ctl00$ctl13$LoginButton','')

is a microsoft aspx trying to do ajax.  I don't know what to do, but I'm
interested in figuring it out and am (still) working on it.

I had an idea for how to support pages with ajax.  I wonder what Karl,
Chris & Adam think of this?   I'm interested in bringing in
information from the javascript debugger that is available as part of
spidermonkey.  jsdbgapi.c is like the JSAPI only with ways of
addressing stack frames - I think?

So I think if you are running Chuck's site and stepping through moments in
time, you would eventually hit a stack frame that contained all the
parameters to doPostback, all assembled and ready to go (hopefully).  A
'step' command would work neatly with the CLI. If a full URL is sitting
there in memory just for one step's worth of time before being sent to an
ajax routine as a parameter, we could grab it, browse it and work with
the output.  So we don't have to "support ajax" if we can deconstruct
ajax and do what the ajax would do, but turn-based and CLI rather than
constant, chatty network activity for little bits, and with a
graphical bias.  What do you think?

thanks
Kevin

On Fri, 20 Jun 2014, Charles Hallenbeck wrote:

> Hi people,
>
> I still find submit buttons that don't submit, and have a brief log of
> one such, with db7 selected in edbrowse. Any ideas about this?
>
> db7
> .
> {Login}
> findField returns 270, javascript:__doPostBack('ctl00$ctl13$LoginButton','')
> go 1 nogo 1 jsh 1 dead 0
> click 0 dclick 0 over 0
> undoCompare no undo map
> jSyncup starts
> jSyncup ends
> javascript:
> javascript:__doPostBack('ctl00$ctl13$LoginButton','')
> TypeError: __doPostBack is not a function
> function script$$pending
>

> edbrowse returns to the line on which I typed g.
>
> Chuck
>

> --
>
> Chuck in Ghent, northeast of Hudson on the Hudson.
>
> "An excess of reason is itself a form of madness."
> -- Kim Stanley Robinson

--------
Kevin Carhart * 415 225 5306 * The Ten Ninety Nihilists