From: Kevin Carhart <kevin@carhart.net>
To: Karl Dahlke <eklhad@comcast.net>
Cc: Edbrowse-dev@lists.the-brannons.com
Subject: Re: [Edbrowse-dev] tidy tree
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2015 20:04:26 -0700 (PDT)	[thread overview]

> If no one objects I will probably make some small tweaks and push this,
> it's just db5 prints so shouldn't hurt anything.

Sounds great!  Yes, that one main example has been helpful.  The library
documentation on htacg.org often doesn't have any actual notes or prose on
the functions, (it has that auto generated feel) but there seems to be an
adequate amount of tidy code around.  For instance, I picked up from
someplace that the node name is this string type I know nothing about,
ctmbstr, but someone had cast it to a char *, so that's how I knew to try
that one.

Kevin

> There's no \r in your patch so I should have no trouble applyihng it.
>
> Once in, we'll want to test it on all sorts of html,
> especially embedded with javascript, to make sure the nodes are correct.
> After all, we don't know for sure that we can even use this yet,
> the conversion from html to nodes has to be almost perfect.
> Though I suppose we could report any bugs to the tidy5 team.
>
> Karl Dahlke

--------
Kevin Carhart * 415 225 5306 * The Ten Ninety Nihilists