From: Kevin Carhart <kevin@carhart.net>
To: Karl Dahlke <eklhad@comcast.net>
Cc: Edbrowse-dev@lists.the-brannons.com
Subject: Re: [Edbrowse-dev] Accessing fastmail
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2015 15:07:18 -0800 (PST)	[thread overview]

This is interesting.. yes, so we just
fixed the problem with the onsubmit, meaning
(thinking out loud)
that in spite of the fact that the onsubmit
doesn't have a return value, the appropriate
routine in ebjs (run_function_bool) now
defaults to true rather
than defaulting to false if it bails out
early.  So we did that even though Karl said
"this could have ramifications beyond just
this one scenario."  I guess maybe it's a
rare case that if it's a function that is
supposed to return true or false, that they
would just leave it off and not return anything.

So that's the background.
  Hopefully it's pretty
rare and/or this is actually the right thing
to do broadly.

> So I imagine this session cookie is not set properly in js,
> back to edbrowse, and into curl, or some such.
> The cookie code posted seems incompatible with
> what the document.cookie settter function expects.
>
> use_classic=1;max-age=604800;expires=Fri, 25 Dec 2015 01:52:50GMT;path=/
>
> All run together no spaces.

Indeed - when I play along, try to delete an email
and I get the same session error that Chuck gets, I then
examined document.cookie using jdb:
jdb
document.cookie
use_classic=1

So that's confirmation that the cookie is being truncated.
(I'm happy about jdb mode!  It's helpful for getting a
quick answer inline.)

Knowing this, what do we do?

Kevin