From: Kevin Carhart <kevin@carhart.net>
To: Karl Dahlke <eklhad@comcast.net>
Cc: edbrowse-dev@lists.the-brannons.com
Subject: Re: [Edbrowse-dev] a bundle of changes for drescher and generally
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2016 21:57:30 -0700 (PDT)	[thread overview]

> I'll have to read it again but it sounds like they were actually changed
> by some timer code, not directly from the g command.

Oh yes- you're right!  I think.  The pivotal line inside of jquery is:
setTimeout (callback);
The callback function writes the retrieved html to the innerhtml of a div.
But it's ensconced by the Timer, so I think you're right.
That's why there needed to be an rr before we were notified.
So this distinction in its current form may be undermined
by the fact that it's out of our hands whether a page author or a
library author wrapped something in setTimeout on a whim or whyever.
A bit worrisome - I knew to press rr because I knew from all kinds
of other echoing that there was finally something there.
Idea: could it happen inline with all other commands?  Not
asynchronously immediate, but you find out as soon as you do
anything else.

Kevin