From: Kevin Carhart <kevin@carhart.net>
To: Edbrowse-dev@lists.the-brannons.com
Subject: [Edbrowse-dev] acidtests.org
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2017 17:16:41 -0800 (PST)	[thread overview]

This is great.  This is going to be a big deal.  The javascript in
acidtests.org contains a tests[100] array.  Each of the 100 elements is
the code for one of the 100 tests.  The code actually appears to be
handmade and intended to be read and comprehended.  So if I go to jdb and
paste something in that runs a handful, or all 100, I get coherent
feedback on what's wrong!  And unlike the usual endless chutes and
ladders and a million meandering, nested calls, the tests are bitesized
and not out of the question to actually understand.

So I got stuff like this:

tests[1]()
jdb line 188: TypeError: doc is undefined
tests[2]()
jdb line 188: TypeError: doc is undefined
tests[3]()
jdb line 188: TypeError: doc is undefined
tests[4]()
jdb line 376: TypeError: document.createNodeIterator is not a function
tests[5]()
jdb line 471: TypeError: document.createTreeWalker is not a function
tests[6]()
jdb line 188: TypeError: doc is undefined
tests[7]()
jdb line 522: TypeError: document.createRange is not a function
tests[8]()
jdb line 554: TypeError: document.implementation.createDocument is not a
function
tests[9]()
jdb line 188: TypeError: doc is undefined
tests[10]()
1

And you can get your score out of 100 by echoing score

score
22

So we pass around a quarter of the tests apparently.  This is
really good to know about, thanks for concentrating on
acid3, Adam!

Kevin

On Tue, 31 Jan 2017, Kevin Carhart wrote:

> Apparently almost all the action is in script eight, numbering from zero.
> It's 172k characters.. I wonder where to begin.
>
> document.scripts.length
> 10
>
> ds0 = document.scripts[0].data
> ds1 = document.scripts[1].data
> ds2 = document.scripts[2].data
> ds3 = document.scripts[3].data
> ds4 = document.scripts[4].data
> ds5 = document.scripts[5].data
> ds6 = document.scripts[6].data
> ds7 = document.scripts[7].data
> ds8 = document.scripts[8].data
> ds9 = document.scripts[9].data
>
> ds8.length
> 172980
>
> It's nice to know we are dealing with developers who have a sense of humor:
>
>  var kungFuDeathGrip = null; // used to hold things from test to test
>  var tests = [
> .
> .
> .

--------
Kevin Carhart * 415 225 5306 * The Ten Ninety Nihilists