From: Kevin Carhart <kevin@carhart.net>
To: Karl Dahlke <eklhad@comcast.net>
Cc: edbrowse-dev@lists.the-brannons.com
Subject: [Edbrowse-dev] amazon
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2017 20:45:57 -0700 (PDT)	[thread overview]

> Instead of try catch I created the style object, if it was missing, and also log that it is not there.

Thank you.. the homepage of amazon now reports no errors at all!
The login page still reports a couple.  Logging in doesn't work yet.

There's something quite remarkable.........
If you want to experience this for yourself, do this..
b http://amazon.com
11
{the line with the login link}
demin
g2
{Now the login page is loaded}
jdb
showscripts()
{scripts[9] is the big one. either echo document.scripts[9].data or export
it to a file}

This code, called fwcim._CB516154953_.js, is impressively obfuscated.  Not
something you run across every day.  I hope we will be able to just point
edbrowse at it and will not need to think about its inner workings, unless
anyone knows about deobfuscation or has the appetite for a huge
substitution cipher:

                             var _z2sz = function (_Zs$2, _iLLLl, _111LI) {
                                 var _ooO0O = [
                                     'FwcimObfusca',
                                     'nod',
                                     'te',
                                     'hBStatement',
                                     'has',
                                     'e',
                                     39801
                                 ];
                                 var _ZS$2z = _ooO0O[1] + _ooO0O[5] +
(_ooO0O[0] + _ooO0O[2]), _2szSs = _ooO0O[6];

There is more to do here.. I've just been reading a blog post by Ricky
Lalwani, who has succesfully done just what we are trying to do.  The
problem involves an http request variable called 'metadata1', which is
generated on the fly.  And a remarkable amount of work goes in to building
this thing.

https://ricky.lalwani.me/programming/logging-in-to-amazon-part-2/

So the good news is that others have tried to log in to amazon over http
tools.  The bad news is that it appears to be an industrial strength
challenge..