* [Edbrowse-dev] our canvas.getContext stub
@ 2017-10-08  0:56 Kevin Carhart
From: Kevin Carhart @ 2017-10-08  0:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: edbrowse-dev

There's a fairly common utility library called modernizr, (with the trendy
spelling affectation.)

It currently breaks when they try to call canvas.getContext('2d'):

     tests['canvas'] = function() {
         var elem = document.createElement('canvas');
         return !!(elem.getContext && elem.getContext('2d'));
     };

So they expect getContext to be a function.  When the code encounters the
canvas.getContext of type object, it raises "object not callable".

Could we turn our getContext stub into something like..

this.getContext = function (x) { return {beginPath: eb$nullfunction,
moveTo: eb$nullfunction, lineTo: eb$nullfunction, stroke:eb$nullfunction}
}

Doing exactly what it does now, except it is rigged up to accept an
incoming string?

thanks
Kevin

only message in thread, other threads:[~2017-10-11 17:52 UTC | newest]