From: Kevin Carhart <kevin@carhart.net>
To: Chuck Hallenbeck <chuckhallenbeck@gmail.com>
Cc: Dominique Martinet <asmadeus@codewreck.org>,
	Edbrowse Development <edbrowse-dev@lists.the-brannons.com>
Subject: Re: [Edbrowse-dev] Signing into my Amazon account
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2018 14:19:43 -0800 (PST)	[thread overview]

I really want to support amazon.com.  We have quite a hardcore javascript
challenge ahead of us.  Back in September, I found out something jaw
dropping about what amazon does on their login page.

If you want to experience this for yourself, do this..
b http://amazon.com
11
{the line with the login link}
demin
g2
{Now the login page is loaded}
jdb
showscripts()
{scripts[9] is the big one. either echo document.scripts[9].data or export
it to a file}

This code, called fwcim._CB516154953_.js, is impressively obfuscated like
this:

                             var _z2sz = function (_Zs$2, _iLLLl, _111LI) {
                                 var _ooO0O = [
                                     'FwcimObfusca',
                                     'nod',
                                     'te',
                                     'hBStatement',
                                     'has',
                                     'e',
                                     39801
                                 ];
                                 var _ZS$2z = _ooO0O[1] + _ooO0O[5] +
(_ooO0O[0] + _ooO0O[2]), 2szSs = _ooO0O[6];

Someone called Ricky Lalwani has also worked on this.  His own angle is
that he wants to generate text-to-speech.  He wrote about it at length in
a two-part post.  Here's part two:

https://ricky.lalwani.me/programming/logging-in-to-amazon-part-2/

The problem involves an http request variable called 'metadata1', which is
generated on the fly.  And a remarkable amount of work goes in to
building this thing, including bitwise transformation operators and hex
encoding.  Amazon has put a lot of effort into making it difficult to get
an accurate value for metadata1, and they reject you without it.

Can the geniuses and genius-botherers of edbrowse-dev crack this code?

I hope we can do it!

On Fri, 5 Jan 2018, Chuck Hallenbeck wrote:

> Hi Dominique,
>
> Many thanks. I'll recompile edbrowse as you suggest and be able to use gdb
> for later checks.
>
> I'm much relieved to know this problem is reproducible. I have two others
> waiting in the wings <smile>
>
> Chuck
>

> Chuck
>
> --
> Here In Northeast Ohio also, The Moon is Waning Gibbous (81% of Full)
> When your only tool is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.
> Sent from Vernon's iPhone.

--------
Kevin Carhart * 415 225 5306 * The Ten Ninety Nihilists