* [Edbrowse-dev] Signing into my Amazon account
@ 2018-01-05 19:54 Chuck Hallenbeck
From: Chuck Hallenbeck @ 2018-01-05 19:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Edbrowse Development

Hi everyone, and Happy New Year.

Long ago amazon.com was accessible using edbrowse, but they have both
come a long way since then. At present I'm using 3.7.1 from the github
archive, with the jar variable set correctly, but cannot sign into my
account successfully.

What I notice is this:

#1. No matter what, I always get the "Please enable
cookies to continue"  message at the top of the sign-in page.

#2. If I exit this page and quit edbrowse, the cookie jar is written
with data from Amazon.

#3. When I enter my sign-in info and activate the submit button,
edbrowse segfaults.

#4. In a subsequent attempt, if I increase the edbrowse db level to 2,
it still segfaults, without first producing any debugging output.

Are there tricks I don't know about? Can others do this successfully? If
so, how? Can I generate more helpful information somehow?

I am fortunate at the moment to have sighted relatives using windows to
assist me in making purchases, but have not always, and may not always
have. Any tips or suggestions will be appreciated.

Chuck

--
Here In Northeast Ohio also, The Moon is Waning Gibbous (81% of Full)
When your only tool is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.