From: Kevin Carhart <kevin@carhart.net>
To: Edbrowse-dev@lists.the-brannons.com
Subject: Re: [Edbrowse-dev] jdb exit
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2018 17:18:29 -0800 (PST)	[thread overview]

Hi Karl

I am excited about all the improvements, and have not scratched the
surface of the immediate evaluation changes yet!  I read your recent
narratives about what has been going on.

I would definitely take advantage of anything you are considering adding
to jdb.  Things that result in a lot of retyping or copying and pasting
include...

- The new is the same as the old, but you want to add another piece of
traversal on the end

blah.childNodes
blah.childNodes[0].childNodes

- Wrapping ok around your last thing, which you mentioned

- Needing to enumerate a small series of indices.  And the dynamic bit may
be in the middle of a static bit that recurs like

x1 = document.forms[0].action
x2 = document.forms[1].action
x3 = document.forms[2].action

Maybe I know that one of the 3 forms is the main one, but there is also a
"search" box in the page's header.  So I have to enumerate bits and pieces
to get my bearings.

JDB is javascript after all, so some of this can be done by entering
little JS expressions.  But access to the last command, or to the recent
history, would be excellent.