An incredible life, full of incredible service to the science and the mathematical community. May he finally find peace -- and then harmony -- that was grudged him by the human world. Andrew On Sunday, October 1, 2017 at 6:25:36 AM UTC+2, Daniel R. Grayson wrote: > > Dear Colleagues, > > The following message from the director of the Institute for Advanced > Study in Princeton announces > sad news: > > ---------- Forwarded message ---------- > Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2017 17:38:57 -0400 (EDT) > From: Robbert Dijkgraaf > Subject: Sad news > > Dear Colleagues, > > It is with a heavy heart that I write to share some very sad news. Our > dear colleague and friend, Vladimir Voevodsky, Professor in the School of > Mathematics, passed away unexpectedly this morning. > > Vladimir was a truly extraordinary mathematician and integral part of our > community. His death is a tremendous loss for the Institute and for the > world. We will all miss him dearly and extend our deepest condolences to > Vladimir’s family and his many colleagues and collaborators around the > world. > > We will soon be sharing more information about a gathering to celebrate > Vladimir’s life and legacy. > > Robbert >