From: Ali Caglayan <alizter@gmail.com>
To: Homotopy Type Theory <HomotopyTypeTheory@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: [HoTT] Euler characteristic of a type
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2018 17:04:17 -0700 (PDT)	[thread overview]

So I have been reading your exposition and it seems to me the following
things will need to be done in order to define the euler characteristic:

 1. Sort out the symmetric monoidal structure on the category of Spectra.
     - The main obstacle is the cohereance of the smash product (for
spectra this follows from spaces I believe?).
 2. Define the suspension spectrum of a space
     - This should be simple to define as a prespectrum which can be
spectrified.
 3. Define the "stable normal bundle" of a space
    - Isn't this something usually done on a manifold?
 4. Define the Thom spectrum of a vector bundle
    - I have no idea what this is but I hope it can be defined. I have no
idea what a vector bundle in HoTT is however.