And the last one of this thread on my historical questions to Vladimir in 2015: On Oct 22, 2015, at 4:50 PM, Martin Escardo wrote: One more question, if you don't mind, this time technical: what made you conjecture that univalence implies function extensionality, before you had a proof? This is a very interesting thought. No, it was almost an accident. I started a new file in Foundations that was supposed to contain results that depend on the UA and then I guess I started to think whether the UA and function extensionality are independent and came up with a proof of UA => FA. I think it was a turning point since this is were constructivists got really interested in the UA (and UF). Vladimir > >