I'm confused. So you want a cubical type theory with only hsets? In what sense would there be cubes, other than just points? I thoght OTT had propositional extensionality. Though maybe that's only for strict props. On Sunday, July 23, 2017 at 6:54:39 PM UTC-4, Michael Shulman wrote: > > I am wondering about versions of cubical type theory with UIP. The > motivation would be to have a type theory with canonicity for > 1-categorical semantics that can prove both function extensionality > and propositional univalence. (I am aware of Observational Type > Theory, which I believe has UIP and proves function extensionality, > but I don't think it proves propositional univalence -- although I > would be happy to be wrong about that.) > > Presumably we obtain a cubical type theory that's compatible with > axiomatic UIP if in CCHM cubical type theory we postulate only a > single universe of propositions. But I wonder about some possible > refinements, such as: > > 1. In this case do we still need *all* the Kan composition and gluing > operations? If all types are hsets then it seems like it ought to be > unnecessary to have these operations at all higher dimensions. > > 2. Can it be enhanced to make UIP provable, such as by adding a > computing K eliminator? > > Mike >