* [HoTT] 1-Types are groupoids
@ 2019-02-20 11:08 kristian.alfsvag
From: kristian.alfsvag @ 2019-02-20 11:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Homotopy Type Theory

Hi

I was wondering whether there exists a proof in literature that the type of
1-truncated types is equivalent to the type of groupoids (defined as
categories with only isomorphisms, for example).

I.e. a truncated version of the "types as infinity categories" viewpoint.

Thanks in advance,
Kristian Alfsvåg

* Re: [HoTT] 1-Types are groupoids
@ 2019-02-20 11:48 ` Michael Shulman
From: Michael Shulman @ 2019-02-20 11:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kristian Alfsvåg; +Cc: Homotopy Type Theory

I assume you mean a proof inside of type theory?  This is Exercise 9.6
in the book; I don't know offhand of anywhere that the proof is
written out.  You do need to assume the groupoids are
saturated/univalent ("groupoids" in the terminology of the book rather
than "pregroupoids").

@ 2019-02-20 12:05   ` Niels van der Weide
From: Niels van der Weide @ 2019-02-20 12:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Homotopy Type Theory