Thanks all for the answer. I think our question was more "is it compatible with univalence or implied by univalence + some parametricity assumption ?". Of course, assuming other axioms in the theory that allow to distinguish between types makes it false. Best, On Thursday, October 27, 2016 at 5:15:45 PM UTC+2, Matthieu Sozeau wrote: > > Dear all, > > we've been stuck with N. Tabareau and his student Théo Winterhalter on > the above question. Is it the case that all equivalences between a universe > and itself are equivalent to the identity? We can't seem to prove (or > disprove) this from univalence alone, and even additional parametricity > assumptions do not seem to help. Did we miss a counterexample? Did anyone > investigate this or can produce a proof as an easy corollary? What is the > situation in, e.g. the simplicial model? > > -- Matthieu >