From: Vladimir Voevodsky <vlad...@ias.edu>
To: David Roberts <drobert...@gmail.com>
Cc: homotopytypetheory <homotopyt...@googlegroups.com>,
	Urs Schreiber <urs.sc...@googlemail.com>,
	Martin Escardo <m.es...@cs.bham.ac.uk>,
	Andrew Polonsky <andrew....@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [HoTT] What is UF, what is HoTT and what is a univalent type theory?
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2016 13:56:11 +0300	[thread overview]

When one gives a false mathematical statement I can call it false.

When the statement itself is not mathematical and I believe it to be intentionally misleading I call it a lie. In this particular case it is possible that I was wrong, in which case I apologize.

I did not notice that the statement was about *a* class of categories.

It might be the case that geometric representation theorists care about *some* class of (infty,1)-categories that can be obtained by adding "a certain adjoint triple of modal operators” to HoTT (whatever that means).

In any case the sentence in question is not a mathematical statement and includes a reference to whether or not a certain group of people cares about something.

Vladimir.