From: Juan Ospina <jospina65@gmail.com>
To: Homotopy Type Theory <HomotopyTypeTheory@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: [HoTT] The best proof assistant for HoTT from the point of view of automation
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2019 17:06:50 -0800 (PST)	[thread overview]

On Sunday, January 6, 2019 at 11:57:57 AM UTC-5, José Manuel Rodriguez
Caballero wrote:

> Hello,
>   After reading the (beautiful) paper
>
> Paredes, Belén. "Boson-Lattice Construction for Anyon Models." arXiv
> preprint arXiv:1804.01605 (2018).
> https://arxiv.org/pdf/1804.01605.pdf
>
> I was rather motivated to explore modular tensor categories:
> https://ncatlab.org/nlab/show/modular+tensor+category
>
> using a proof assistant. My preferred proof assistant is Isabelle/HOL,
> because of the hight level of automation, but I am not sure that simple
> type theory is the best formal system to work with modular tensor
> categories. As far as I know, HoTT has been used in order to formalize
> category theory in a rather successful way. In my case, I programmed a
> little bit in UniMath (Coq), but thee automation was almost zero (maybe
> there is some automation, but I did not know how to use it, everything that
> I learned in computer sciences was self-taught).
>
> So, I wonder in which proof assistant HoTT can be used with a maximum of
> automation.
>
> Kind Regards,
> José M.

A trivial example of Hott with Lean

import homotopy.cylinder
open cylinder
check cylinder_rel
check cylinder
check base
check top
check seg
constants {A B : Type} (f : A → B)
constant {c : A}
variables {g : A -> A}

example (c : A) : base f (f (g c))  = top f (g c) :=
begin
  rewrite seg
end