I am just reading a paper which uses the word “Identification” instead of equality. I think this has been proposed by Bob Harper. Can anybody enlighten me what is the difference between identifications and equality? Maybe there is an identification between them but they are not equal? Are the real numbers 0.999… identified or are they equal? Thorsten This message and any attachment are intended solely for the addressee and may contain confidential information. If you have received this message in error, please contact the sender and delete the email and attachment. Any views or opinions expressed by the author of this email do not necessarily reflect the views of the University of Nottingham. Email communications with the University of Nottingham may be monitored where permitted by law.