On Wed, Mar 7, 2018 at 9:30 PM, Thomas Streicher < stre...@mathematik.tu-darmstadt.de> wrote: > But if you specialize the interpretation of type theory in > comprehension categories to discrete ones you wan't be able to > interpret terms (since the latter are interpreted as morphism in the > fibers, namely as sections). To clarify, by “discrete comprehension categories” I mean the ones Mike was talking about, i.e. where the fibration of types is a discrete fibration; I don’t mean that the base category is discrete. So there’s no problem here — terms are still interpreted as sections of dependent projections, just as usual. –p.