From: David Roberts <drober...@gmail.com>
To: "Joyal, André" <"joyal..."@uqam.ca>
Cc: Thomas Streicher <stre...@mathematik.tu-darmstadt.de>,
	 Thorsten Altenkirch <Thorsten....@nottingham.ac.uk>,
	 Michael Shulman <shu...@sandiego.edu>,
	Steve Awodey <awo...@cmu.edu>,
	 "homotopyt...@googlegroups.com" <homotopyt...@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: [HoTT] Identity versus equality
Date: Fri, 8 May 2020 09:26:51 +0930	[thread overview]

Dear André,

I merely meant that the definition of category only requires first-order
logic as in (Eilenberg–Mac Lane 1945), or at best a low-level dependent
type theory (
https://ncatlab.org/nlab/show/type-theoretic+definition+of+category). See
also: https://ncatlab.org/nlab/show/fully+formal+ETCS#the_theory_etcs

Regards,