* [HoTT] SYCO 7 - Call for Participation
@ 2020-02-24 17:59 Amar Hadzihasanovic
From: Amar Hadzihasanovic @ 2020-02-24 17:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: quantum, HomotopyTypeTheory

========
CALL FOR PARTICIPATION
SEVENTH SYMPOSIUM ON COMPOSITIONAL STRUCTURES (SYCO 7)

Tallinn University of Technology, Estonia
30-31 March 2020

http://events.cs.bham.ac.uk/syco/7/
========

The Symposium on Compositional Structures (SYCO) is an
interdisciplinary series of meetings aiming to support the growing
community of researchers interested in the phenomenon of
compositionality, from both applied and abstract perspectives, and in
particular where category theory serves as a unifying common language.
Previous SYCO events have been held at University of Birmingham,
University of Strathclyde, University of Oxford, Chapman University,
and University of Leicester.

The next SYCO, to be held at Tallinn University of Technology, will
host 2 invited talks and 14 contributed talks. Topics range from
logical methods in computer science, to higher category theory,
through applications of categories in probability and linguistics.

INVITED TALKS
========

* Bartek Klin (University of Warsaw)
Monadic monadic second order logic

* Christine Tasson (IRIF, Université de Paris)
The linear-non-linear substitution 2-monad

CONTRIBUTED TALKS
========

* Sivert Aasnæss - Contextuality for circuits
* Vikraman Choudhury - Tracking intensional resources using weighted
sets and comonads
* Elena di Lavore - A proposal for subgame perfection in compositional
game theory
* Tobias Fritz, Eigil Fjeldgren Rischel - The zero-one laws of
Kolmogorov and Hewitt-Savage in categorical probability
* Lukas Heidemann - Frames in pretriangulated dg-categories
* Nick Hu - External traced monoidal categories
* Maxime Lucas - Rewriting strategies as contracting homotopies
* Violeta Martins de Freitas - Life in arrows: an introduction to
applied category theory
* Dylan McDermott, Alan Mycroft - On the relation between
call-by-value and call-by-name
* Michael Moortgat, Mehrnoosh Sadrzadeh, Gijs Wijnholds - A Frobenius
algebraic analysis for parasitic gaps
* Olivier Peltre - Homological algebra for message-passing algorithms
* Alex Rice - Coinductive invertibility in higher categories
* Julian Salamanca Téllez - Distributive laws over the powerset
* Niels van der Weide - Constructing finitary 1-truncated higher
inductive types as groupoid quotients

REGISTRATION
========

Registration is open until Monday 23 March.

Details are available on the conference website:
http://events.cs.bham.ac.uk/syco/7/

PROGRAMME COMMITTEE
========

Miriam Backens, University of Birmingham
Christoph Dorn, University of Oxford
Ross Duncan, University of Strathclyde
Brendan Fong, MIT
Amar Hadzihasanovic, IRIF, Université de Paris (PC chair)
Chris Heunen, University of Edinburgh
Alex Kavvos, Aarhus University
Marie Kerjean, INRIA Bretagne Atlantique, Équipe Gallinette
Kohei Kishida, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Martha Lewis, ILLC, University of Amsterdam
Samuel Mimram, École Polytechnique
Koko Muroya, RIMS, Kyoto University
Jovana Obradović, Institute of Mathematics CAS
Viktoriya Ozornova, Ruhr-Universität Bochum
Simona Paoli, University of Leicester
Mehrnoosh Sadrzadeh, University College London
Pawel Sobocinski, Tallinn University of Technology
Christina Vasilakopoulou, University of Patras
Jamie Vicary, University of Birmingham and University of Oxford
Maaike Zwart, University of Oxford

* POSTPONED: SYCO 7
@ 2020-03-12 17:29 ` Amar Hadzihasanovic
From: Amar Hadzihasanovic @ 2020-03-12 17:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: qua..., HomotopyT...

Dear all,

coronavirus outbreak in Europe, we have decided to postpone the
meeting until further notice.

All the best,
Amar
on behalf of the steering committee