From: Bas Spitters <b.a.w.spitters@gmail.com>
To: Jon Sterling <jon@jonmsterling.com>
Cc: "'Martin Escardo' via Homotopy Type Theory"
	<HomotopyTypeTheory@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: [HoTT] Semantics of QIITs ?
Date: Mon, 20 May 2019 23:04:29 +0200	[thread overview]

Do we even have a model that would capture all the QIIT constructions
in the HoTT book?

I recall an argument where one constructs the Cauchy numbers as a QIIT
*within* the Dedekind numbers (assuming impredicativity) and then show
that this indeed has the right initiality property. However, I don't
recall whether anyone ever worked out the details of this, or how
general this method is.