* HoTT/UF in MSC2020
@ 2018-01-10 19:45 Ulrik Buchholtz
From: Ulrik Buchholtz @ 2018-01-10 19:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Homotopy Type Theory

MR (Mathematical Reviews) and zbMATH are currently soliciting comments for
the upcoming MSC (Mathematics Subject Classification) 2020
at https://msc2020.org/

I would like to suggest some new entries for the work that we do, as it is
not always a perfect fit for the old MSC 2010 system. (To put it mildly!)

But what should we suggest? This wasn't entirely clear to me either, and I
was hoping that we could have a discussion about that here, and then submit
our consensus proposal (if we can get one) at msc2020.org.

To get started, what do you think of the following:

Under 03B General Logic, we add: 03B16 Dependent type theory (in general)
[or Martin-Löf type theory], and 03B17 Homotopy type theories (Dependent
type theories from a homotopical point of view)

Under 03F Proof theory and constructive mathematics, we add: 03F57
Univalent mathematics

[With cross references.]

But what about 18 Category Theory and 55 Algebraic Topology? Infinity-topos
theory and the relations to HoTT/UF don't really fit in the existing
categories there, either.

Looking forward to your comments,
Ulrik