I was very saddened to read the news of Peter Aczel's death. I greatly admired his work, not only for its content but also for its clarity. His promotion of informal rigorous reasoning in type theory that Andrej Bauer mentioned in another post is an example. He also had very nice handwriting! -- I found this out when he very generously shared some of his unpublished work with me when I was a graduate student in the late 70s and early 80s. (He later examined my PhD thesis.) RIP, Peter. Andrew M. Pitts Professor of Theoretical Computer Science Department of Computer Science and Technology University of Cambridge William Gates Building 15 JJ Thomson Ave Cambridge CB3 0FD, UK -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Homotopy Type Theory" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to HomotopyTypeTheory+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com. To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/HomotopyTypeTheory/a1e5f28a-165d-4558-826a-6ccec5c2ecefn%40googlegroups.com.