From: Andrew Swan <wakeli...@gmail.com>
To: Homotopy Type Theory <HomotopyT...@googlegroups.com>
Cc: wakeli...@gmail.com, awo...@cmu.edu, Thierry...@cse.gu.se
Subject: Re: [HoTT] Semantics of higher inductive types
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2017 09:22:54 -0700 (PDT)	[thread overview]

[-- Attachment #1.1: Type: text/plain, Size: 14841 bytes --]

I don't know how general this is exactly in practice, but I think it should
work in the setting that appears in van de Berg, Frumin A
homotopy-theoretic model of function extensionality in the effective topos
<https://arxiv.org/pdf/1701.08369.pdf>, which regardless of the title is
not just the effective topos, but any topos together with a interval object
with connections, a dominance satisfying certain conditions, with
fibrations defined as maps with the rlp against pushout product of endpoint
inclusions and elements of the dominance (& in addition there should be
some more conditions to ensure that free monads on pointed endofunctors
exist).

I'm a bit more confident that it works now. The class of weak fibrations is
not cofibrantly generated in the usual sense (as I claimed in the first
post), but they are in the more general sense by Christian Sattler in
section 6 of The Equivalence Extension Property and Model Structures
<https://arxiv.org/pdf/1704.06911>. Then a version of step 1 of the small
object argument applies to Christian's definition, which gives a pointed
endofunctor whose algebras are the weak fibrations. The same technique can
also be used to describe "box flattening" (which should probably be called
something else, like "cylinder flattening" in the general setting).

Andrew