On Friday, December 22, 2017 at 4:20:21 PM UTC-5, Martín Hötzel Escardó wrote: > > There may be some confusion about univalence and equality of subsets > of a type. > > [...] > > Now, from a subset A : ℙ X, we get a type A' and an embedding A' → X. > (The construction works like this: we have A : X → Prop, and a > projection Prop → U. Then the type A' is the sum (Σ) of composite > function. The embedding is the first projection.) > > It is definitely not the case that if A'=B' for A,B : ℙ X then A=B. > > [...] > > All the misunderstandings in the previous messages are caused by > looking at the particular type X=1 without enough care. > > And I think this is what Thomas is pointing out. > Huh? Your isEven/isOdd example is fine, but there, X ≠ 1. Is it not the case that if A'=B' for A,B : ℙ 1 then A=B? (Note the specialization to 1.)