Truly sad news. I did not know Vladimir well, but I had the privilege to talk with him and get his advice at several occasions. Much of what I have been doing during the last couple of years was either directly or indirectly based on some of Vladimir's many ideas, most importantly maybe his observation that homotopy/truncation levels can be defined internally in type theory. May he rest in peace. Nicolai On 01/10/17 05:25, Daniel R. Grayson wrote: > Dear Colleagues, > > The following message from the director of the Institute for Advanced > Study in Princeton announces > sad news: > > ---------- Forwarded message ---------- > Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2017 17:38:57 -0400 (EDT) > From: Robbert Dijkgraaf > Subject: Sad news > > Dear Colleagues, > > It is with a heavy heart that I write to share some very sad news. Our > dear colleague and friend, Vladimir Voevodsky, Professor in the School > of Mathematics, passed away unexpectedly this morning. > > Vladimir was a truly extraordinary mathematician and integral part of > our community. His death is a tremendous loss for the Institute and > for the world. We will all miss him dearly and extend our deepest > condolences to Vladimir’s family and his many colleagues and > collaborators around the world. > > We will soon be sharing more information about a gathering to > celebrate Vladimir’s life and legacy. > > Robbert > -- > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google > Groups "Homotopy Type Theory" group. > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send > an email to HomotopyTypeThe...@googlegroups.com > . > For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.