From: "Martín Hötzel Escardó" <escardo.martin@gmail.com>
To: Homotopy Type Theory <HomotopyTypeTheory@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: [HoTT] Re: M. Shulman, Towards Third-Generation HOTT, April 14, 21, and 28 - HoTTEST Distinguished Lecture Series
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2022 08:49:10 -0700 (PDT)	[thread overview]

I am not happy at all with what Mike said in the above pull request
discussion, and I said so there, but at the same time I think that
cancelling his talk was the wrong thing to do.

Everybody should move on positively after the resolution that Andrej
discussed above, and I don't consider cancelling his talk to be a positive
move.

I am by no means excusing Mike from what he did - this is something he
should work on to resolve himself.

What I am saying is that cancelling somebody who has apologized publicly is
not contributing to reinstate the welcoming atmosphere we've had in this
community for a long time here.

Martin

   1.