* [HoTT] Homotopy type of simply connected spaces.
@ 2019-01-10 20:36 Brian Sanderson
From: Brian Sanderson @ 2019-01-10 20:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Homotopy Type Theory

The type of a simply connected space would seem to make it just a set as
any two paths with the same endpoints would be homotopic. I see that there
would not be a continuous function from the space of pairs of paths to
homotopies between them. What would the type of a simply connected space
look like? Can I say in type theory any two equalities are equal without
having a function?

* Re: [HoTT] Homotopy type of simply connected spaces.
@ 2019-01-10 21:11 ` Michael Shulman
From: Michael Shulman @ 2019-01-10 21:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Brian Sanderson; +Cc: Homotopy Type Theory

Yes, you have to truncate the equality.  See section 7.5 of the HoTT
Book, and also Exercise 7.6.

@ 2019-01-11 11:49   ` Brian Sanderson
From: Brian Sanderson @ 2019-01-11 11:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Homotopy Type Theory

Thanks for the references. So am I allowed to say a type is simply
connected if any two paths are equal, or is that a meta statement which has
no meaning within type theory.

@ 2019-01-11 12:01     ` Cory Knapp
From: Cory Knapp @ 2019-01-11 12:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Brian Sanderson; +Cc: Homotopy Type Theory