From: Matt Oliveri <atm...@gmail.com>
To: Homotopy Type Theory <HomotopyT...@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: [HoTT] Re: cubical type theory with UIP
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2017 21:19:43 -0700 (PDT)	[thread overview]

Hey what about if you start with intuitionistic set theory. Use the usual
encodings of Martin-Löf types. For the universe of propositions, use the
subsets of your favorite singleton. You get proposition extensionality. The
way functions are defined provides function extensionality and unique
choice. Now consider the realizers for this system and somehow clean it up
into a type system. If the realizers are sane, you should get canonicity.
Does that work? It's quite different from MLTT: you don't reason about
computations. (At least not using "propositions".)