* Re: getting at article headers
       [not found] ` <87d6tf6gic.fsf@mail.paradoxical.net>
@ 2002-07-22 19:27   ` Oystein Viggen
From: Oystein Viggen @ 2002-07-22 19:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

* [Josh Huber]

> (set-buffer gnus-original-article-buffer)
> (mail-fetch-field "X-Report-Spam")

That seems to be the exact thing I was looking for.

> What were you doing?

Worse:
    (gnus-summary-select-article-buffer)
    (gnus-summary-toggle-header 1)
    (goto-char (point-min))
    (search-forward "X-Report-Spam: ")
    (w3-fetch (buffer-string (point) (point-at-eol)))

So I basically implemented mail-fetch-field myself, and badly.  (assumes
that the header is all in one line).  I avoided the original article
buffer for various other reasons that seemed like a good idea at the
time.

By the way, I noticed that w3 would render html spam, which I don't
particularly like.  What do you do to hit the URL?  I thought about wget
in the background, but at least in the beginning I would like to see
stuff actually happen.  Kind of a "flash a LED at the user to keep him
happy" sort of thing..

Oystein
--
If it ain't broke, don't break it.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2002-07-22 19:27 UTC | newest]