* Teared threads
@ 2010-07-12 20:57 Markus Heller
From: Markus Heller @ 2010-07-12 20:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Hello group,

I'm very news to gnus.

I've set up gnus successfully (or so it seems), but I can't seem to get
rid of teared threads completely.

When I first start gnus, everything looks fine, and *all* messages of a
thread are displayed in the summary buffer.  But after that, every time
new messages are displayed, only unread ones are displayed, resulting in
teared threads.

I have the following line in my .gnus.el (from Question 4.1 on
http://www.gnus.org/manual/gnus_400.html#SEC477):

(setq gnus-fetch-old-headers 'some)

but that doesn't do the trick.  When reading a message, hitting A T
works, i.e. gnus downloads the older messages in the thread.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks and Cheers
Markus

only message in thread, other threads:[~2010-07-12 20:57 UTC | newest]