* displaying the number of read-but-not-expirable articles in the group buffer
@ 2005-07-25 15:52 mwahaha
From: mwahaha @ 2005-07-25 15:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

I don't know if many people do that but I usually read email, then
often process it later. And with gnus, when you've read a message, you
have to mark it unread if you want to see it again (at least with my
setup).

After 10 years of pressing ESC-u, I'm growing older and often find
myself forgetting
to do it, so I changed my setup to display read-but-not-expirable email
(((display .
[not expire])). This works well, but in order for the numbers shown in
the group
buffer to be consistent, it would need to be able to show the number of

read-but-not-expirable messages. Is it possible?

M.

* Re: displaying the number of read-but-not-expirable articles in the group buffer
@ 2005-07-25 20:39 ` Albert Reiner
From: Albert Reiner @ 2005-07-25 20:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

[mwahaha@gmail.com, 25 Jul 2005 08:52:15 -0700]:
> I don't know if many people do that but I usually read email, then
> often process it later. And with gnus, when you've read a message, you
> have to mark it unread if you want to see it again (at least with my
> setup).

I don#' know if that would help you: I usually just tick those
articles with ! , and remove the tick mark with d when I am done with
some mail.

Albert.

* Re: displaying the number of read-but-not-expirable articles in the group buffer
@ 2005-07-26 10:36   ` mwahaha
From: mwahaha @ 2005-07-26 10:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanks Albert,
Yes, that's something I considered as an alternative, and I may do it
if I can't find an answer to my original question. But in fact I like
having three levels of visible articles: unread, read, and important
(marked "!").
What's great with the default settings is that they're all different
colours. Nothing I couldn't change, and I could also make the '?' mark
visible to achieve the same thing but again, solving the original
problem seems easier.

M.