* Attachment directory customization
@ 2005-10-01 10:07 romeomedina
From: romeomedina @ 2005-10-01 10:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

I saw that Gnus puts attachments in '~/tmp'.
Is it possible, and how?, to customize the directory
where Gnus puts attachments? I couldn't find an answer
in the Message Manual.

And: every time, in the message, I hit return on the
attachment in order to view it, a new folder is created
(in '~/tmp') where the attachment is stored.
If I view the attachment 'n' times within Gnus,
'n' copies of it are created.
This will waste plenty of disk space. Is it normal?
The attachment in my case is a .pdf file.

Thanks for any help,
Rodolfo

* Re: Attachment directory customization
@ 2005-10-01 10:32 ` Adam Sjøgren
From: Adam Sjøgren @ 2005-10-01 10:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 1 Oct 2005 03:07:27 -0700, romeomedina@libero.it wrote:

> I saw that Gnus puts attachments in '~/tmp'.

Do you mean '/tmp/' ?

Perhaps the variable 'mm-tmp-directory' is what you are looking for?

  Best regards,

--
 "Apparently, there's a leak."                                Adam Sjøgren
                                                         asjo@koldfront.dk

* Re: Attachment directory customization
@ 2005-10-01 11:07   ` romeomedina
From: romeomedina @ 2005-10-01 11:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

Fantastic!

To customize the attachment directory, I just put in
~/.gnus.el:
	(setq mm-tmp-directory "what/I/want")
, but first I had to create the directory "what/I/want".

. All the new files and folders that are created every time
the attachment is view are deleted when quitting gnus.

Thanks indeed,
Rodolfo