* missing messages in Gnus IMAP mail
@ 2005-09-30  9:40 napofrog
From: napofrog @ 2005-09-30  9:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

I've found that if I use another mail-reader to read my IMAP messages
on the server, then those messages that are marked on the server as
"read" seem not to be downloaded by Gnus.  At least, I can't find them
in my nnimap INBOX under Gnus.  Is there a way to fix this behavior?

Thanks,

Roger Levy

* Re: missing messages in Gnus IMAP mail
@ 2005-09-30 14:37 ` David Z Maze
From: David Z Maze @ 2005-09-30 14:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

"napofrog" <napofrog@hotmail.com> writes:

> I've found that if I use another mail-reader to read my IMAP messages
> on the server, then those messages that are marked on the server as
> "read" seem not to be downloaded by Gnus.  At least, I can't find them
> in my nnimap INBOX under Gnus.  Is there a way to fix this behavior?

Have you tried looking for the messages the same way you'd look for
other read messages, e.g. C-u RET to enter the group?  See
e.g. http://my.gnus.org/faq/html-chunks/FAQ.html#id2526003.

  --dzm

* Re: missing messages in Gnus IMAP mail
@ 2005-10-03 13:45   ` napofrog
From: napofrog @ 2005-10-03 13:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

Yes, I definitely have used C-u RET, this doesn't affect the problem.
Honestly, the behavior is quite confusing; on some occasions Gnus does
see the already-read messages, and on other occasions it doesn't.  Any
suggestions?