* Couldn't open server
@ 2005-10-11 13:53 longhrss
From: longhrss @ 2005-10-11 13:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

hi
can anybody help me? i can not read news in gnus
when i jump to a server ,that cause a error
-----------------------------
"gnus-select-newsgroup: Couldn't open server
Retrieving newsgroup: gnu.emacs.gnus...
Opening nntp server on gnu.emacs.help...
Denied server"

why???

* Re: Couldn't open server
@ 2005-10-15 18:21 ` Jesse Alama
From: Jesse Alama @ 2005-10-15 18:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

"longhrss@gmail.com" <longhrss@gmail.com> writes:

> hi
> can anybody help me? i can not read news in gnus
> when i jump to a server ,that cause a error
> -----------------------------
> "gnus-select-newsgroup: Couldn't open server
> Retrieving newsgroup: gnu.emacs.gnus...
> Opening nntp server on gnu.emacs.help...
> Denied server"
>
> why???

"Opening nntpserver on gnu.emacs.help..."?!

What are the values of `gnus-select-method' and
`gnus-secondary-select-methods'?

Jesse

--
Jesse Alama (alama@stanford.edu)

* Re: Couldn't open server
@ 2005-10-16  3:09   ` longhrss
From: longhrss @ 2005-10-16  3:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Opening nntpserver on gnu.emacs.help..."?!  yes
i want to read this news group
---------
i setting of .gnus
(setq gnus-select-method '(nntp "gnu.emacs.help"))
(setq user-mail-address "longhrss@gmail.com")
(setq user-full-name "hallen")

* Re: Couldn't open server
@ 2005-10-16 13:23     ` Adam Sjøgren
From: Adam Sjøgren @ 2005-10-16 13:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 15 Oct 2005 20:09:31 -0700, longhrss@gmail.com wrote:

> (setq gnus-select-method '(nntp "gnu.emacs.help"))

Replace gnu.emacs.help with the name of the newsserver you want to
use.

  Best regards,

--
 "Du danser godt, men ude af takt"                            Adam Sjøgren
                                                         asjo@koldfront.dk

* Re: Couldn't open server
@ 2005-10-26 14:34       ` longhrss
From: longhrss @ 2005-10-26 14:34 UTC (permalink / raw)