* Starting gnus from scratch
@ 2006-05-29 17:20 harizvi
From: harizvi @ 2006-05-29 17:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have been a long time user of gnus. For various reasons I want to
start completely from scratch on reading news. For this I have done the
following:

rm .newsrc .newsrc.eld .gnus .nnmail-cache
rm -rf News Mail

There are no references to gnus in my init.el or custom.el (I use
xemacs on Windows). I am on the latest drop of ngnus (No Gnus v0.6).

When I start gnus first, I am fine with subscribing newsgroups, etc. I
then quit out of gnus using q. The 2nd time I start gnus, I always see
a * against the newsgroups I subscribed previously. I can then press
<space> and look at the ng, at which time it starts showing the number
of posts in that ng, but when I quit and start gnus again I see an *
again. And this keeps on happening.

What am I missing here?

- Haider

only message in thread, other threads:[~2006-05-29 17:20 UTC | newest]