* need help setting up gnus
@ 2006-11-24 15:48 Davidcollins001
From: Davidcollins001 @ 2006-11-24 15:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

my university it services has just just made us all change from a
barely useable web mail system to the Microsoft outlook webmail - I
can't stand it!! I started setting up pine, but I don't really like
that too much either, I keep using emacs key bindings and getting in a
muddle. When I was setting up pine I noticed that emacs can read mail
too. :)

I have spent a couple of weeks looking through these groups and looking
through the manual and searching the internet to try to figure out how
to set it up. So far I have not been able to open my emails.

It looks like it should be straight forward.... I used the following to
try to access my mail through imap, then tried the 2nd to retrieve mail
from my gmail account (pop is setup in gmail) I have also tried similar
other things that haven't worked and I have deleted

(setq gnus-secondary-select-method
      '((nnimap ""
		(nnimap-address "myimapmail.warwick.ac.uk")
		(nnimap-server-port 993)
		(nnimap-stream ssl)
		)))

   (eval-after-load "mail-source" '(require 'pop3))
   (setq mail-sources
      '((pop :server "pop.googlemail.com"
	     :port 995
	     :user "davidcollins001"
	     :connection ssl
	     :leave t)))

Please can some one point me in the correct direction, I don't know
what I am doing wrong??
Thanks