From: Fredrik Staxeng <fstx+u@update.uu.se>
Subject: Re: Why can't I use procmail
Date: 30 Sep 2002 20:38:01 +0200	[thread overview]

David S Goldberg <david.goldberg6@verizon.net> writes:

> > But I really want to use nnml.
>
> Then you need a procmail script that updates the overview file as it
> stores the message and convincing gnus to re-read the overview as
> necessary.  I have no idea how hard that might be.

Updating the overview file is not hard (just look at it), updating the
active file isn't hard either, and gnus would presumably reread both
when I do g in the groups buffer. I was thinking of doing a small hack in
C that gets invoked by procmail and does the storing.

As far as I can see the problem is that GNUS and my program would
decide to use the same filename, but that would be solved on the C
side by using (O_CREAT|O_EXCL).  GNUS/Emacs would need to do the
same. Also a lock file might be needed for the active file.

I could probably live with never moving messages to autodelivered folders,
or using a forward to myself+foldername@localhost as a workaround.

--
Fredrik Stax\"ang | rot13: sfgk@hcqngr.hh.fr