* Process smtpmail not running
@ 2022-05-12 16:48 Aric Gregson via Announcements and discussions for GNUS, the GNU Emacs Usenet newsreader (in English)
From: Aric Gregson via Announcements and discussions for GNUS, the GNU Emacs Usenet newsreader (in English) @ 2022-05-12 16:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Hello,

I keep running into a problem wherein I can receive mail without issue,
but attempting to send it results in a long delay returning the error
"Process smtpmail not running". The result is that I cannot send mail.
Restarting Gnus does not seem to help.

I am using the following to send mail:

(setq gnus-posting-styles
      '(("Countermail:*"
	 (x-identity "Countermail")
	 (address "xx@countermail.com")
	 (reply-to "xx@countermail.com")
	 ("X-Message-SMTP-Method" "smtp imap1.countermail.com 465")
;;	 (eval (setq mml2015-signers '("xx@countermail.com")))
	 (body "\nThanks, xx\n"))

etc for multiple accounts. Thanks in advance for any pointers.

Aric

only message in thread, other threads:[~2022-05-12 16:48 UTC | newest]