* on selecting a region of articles to be marked for download
@ 2018-07-29  2:06 Robert Girault
From: Robert Girault @ 2018-07-29  2:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

I'm experimenting Gnus in offline mode.  In the summary of a group, I
selected a region and expected that gnus-agent-toogle-mark or
gnus-agent-mark-article would mark the all articles in the region, but
they did not.  So I have to mark one by one.

How can I speed all that marking?

* Re: on selecting a region of articles to be marked for download
@ 2018-07-29 16:53 ` Eric Abrahamsen
From: Eric Abrahamsen @ 2018-07-29 16:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Robert Girault <r@dev.null> writes:

> I'm experimenting Gnus in offline mode.  In the summary of a group, I
> selected a region and expected that gnus-agent-toogle-mark or
> gnus-agent-mark-article would mark the all articles in the region, but
> they did not.  So I have to mark one by one.
>
> How can I speed all that marking?

You can use the prefix argument to mark the next _n_ articles. Actually
those functions should be using `gnus-summary-work-articles', which
takes marks and the region into account.

Eric

* Re: on selecting a region of articles to be marked for download
@ 2018-07-29 20:23 ` Emanuel Berg
From: Emanuel Berg @ 2018-07-29 20:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Robert Girault wrote:

> I'm experimenting Gnus in offline mode. In the
> summary of a group, I selected a region and
> expected that gnus-agent-toogle-mark or
> gnus-agent-mark-article would mark the all
> articles in the region, but they did not.
> So I have to mark one by one.
>
> How can I speed all that marking?

If you for some reason don't want to use the
prefix argument method, I have some Elisp to do
just what you want:

(defun gnus-summary-mark (char start stop)
  (interactive
   (let ((c (read-char "mark: ")))
     (if (use-region-p)
         (list c (region-beginning) (region-end))
       (let*((strt (point))
             (stp  (1+ strt)) )
         (list c strt stp) ))))
  (goto-char start)
  (beginning-of-line)
  (while (< (point) stop)
    (gnus-summary-mark-article (gnus-summary-article-number) char)
    (gnus-summary-find-next) ))

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573

* Re: on selecting a region of articles to be marked for download
@ 2018-07-31 21:42   ` Lars-Johan Liman
From: Lars-Johan Liman @ 2018-07-31 21:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

moasen@zoho.com:
> If you for some reason don't want to use the
> prefix argument method, I have some Elisp to do
> just what you want:

> (defun gnus-summary-mark (char start stop)
>   (interactive
>    (let ((c (read-char "mark: ")))
>      (if (use-region-p)
>          (list c (region-beginning) (region-end))
>        (let*((strt (point))
>              (stp  (1+ strt)) )
>          (list c strt stp) ))))
>   (goto-char start)
>   (beginning-of-line)
>   (while (< (point) stop)
>     (gnus-summary-mark-article (gnus-summary-article-number) char)
>     (gnus-summary-find-next) ))

Oh! Cool stuff! Thanks for sharing!

				Cheers,
				  /Liman