* Re: Unable to send email
       [not found] <r6vk7s9a9n8.fsf@brok.diku.dk>
@ 2002-03-19 12:09 ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2002-03-19 12:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

Martin Schultz <me@privacy.net> writes:

> When I compose a email and send it with ctrl-c ctrl-c it "goes off"
> (gnus think it have been send.) just fine but it never arrives. If I
> send the email using mutt there are no problems.

Try (setq message-interactive t) and see if that gives more information.

kai
--
Silence is foo!

* Re: Unable to send email
@ 2002-03-19 13:37     ` ShengHuo ZHU
From: ShengHuo ZHU @ 2002-03-19 13:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

Martin Schultz <me@privacy.net> writes:

> Kai.Grossjohann@CS.Uni-Dortmund.DE (Kai Großjohann) writes:
>
>> Martin Schultz <me@privacy.net> writes:
>>
>> > When I compose a email and send it with ctrl-c ctrl-c it "goes off"
>> > (gnus think it have been send.) just fine but it never arrives. If I
>> > send the email using mutt there are no problems.
>>
>> Try (setq message-interactive t) and see if that gives more information.
>
> Thanks. That gives a bit. It says: Sending...failed to sh: /bin/mail:
> no such file or directory;
>
> On my system it appears that mail is placed in /usr/bin instead of
> /bin
>
> If I copy mail to /bin gnus work just fine, but it seem a litte bit
> wrong to do that. Is there anyway to tell gnus to use /usr/bin/mail
> instead og /bin/mail ? I can't seem to find anything about it in the
> manual.

Try

FAKEMAILER=/usr/bin/mail; export FAKEMAILER # in sh

or

setenv FAKEMAILER /usr/bin/mail # in csh

ShengHuo

* Re: Unable to send email
@ 2002-03-19 14:04   ` Martin Schultz
From: Martin Schultz @ 2002-03-19 14:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Martin Schultz <me@privacy.net> writes:
>
> > When I compose a email and send it with ctrl-c ctrl-c it "goes off"
> > (gnus think it have been send.) just fine but it never arrives. If I
> > send the email using mutt there are no problems.
>
> Try (setq message-interactive t) and see if that gives more information.

Thanks. That gives a bit. It says: Sending...failed to sh: /bin/mail:
no such file or directory;

On my system it appears that mail is placed in /usr/bin instead of
/bin

If I copy mail to /bin gnus work just fine, but it seem a litte bit
wrong to do that. Is there anyway to tell gnus to use /usr/bin/mail
instead og /bin/mail ? I can't seem to find anything about it in the
manual.

Thanks
Martin