From: Peter Davis <pd@world.std.com>
Subject: Re: Using fetchmail with gnus (on Windows)
Date: 08 Jul 2002 11:00:25 -0400	[thread overview]

Kai.Grossjohann@CS.Uni-Dortmund.DE (Kai writes:

> Peter Davis <pd@world.std.com> writes:
>
> > Ok, I tried this.  I got to the line
> >
> >     (mail-source-bind (file source)
> >
> > I stepped once (over "mail-source-bind"), and when I hit SPC again, I
> > got:
> >
> > Mail source error ((wrong-type-argument listp 1)).  Continue? (yes or no)
>
> To see more, you'll need to do the M-x edebug-defun RET trick on
> mail-source-bind, too.  (And so on.)

Unfortunately, there is no defun for mail-source-bind.  It appears to
be a macro.  There is a mail-source-bind-1 defun'ed inside an
eval-and-compile, but I don't think I was able to set an edebug
breakpoint inside that.

> > Oh, and what do `e file RET' and `e source RET' say when you get to
> the spot you are showing?  Do these values appear reasonable?

'e file' says "Symbol's value as a variable is void: file".  'e
source' returns "(file :path "c:/cygwin/var/spool/mail/pdavis")" which
seems correct to me.  I'm not sure what file is supposed to be.

Thanks,

-pd

--
--------