* Re: gnus humor
       [not found] <yxdy7rgq9j9.fsf@cs1.gmu.edu>
@ 2006-10-17 13:02 ` Passer By
From: Passer By @ 2006-10-17 13:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

Myriam Abramson <mabramso@cs1.gmu.edu> writes:

> I recall some time back during the cold war (yes, I'm dating myself)
> of a gnus command that would insert spy words in the email to send the
> CIA off its tracks. Do u recall what it was?

HAHA, ya who are those dirty, rotten, capitalist, pigs that say Emacs
is bl0ated?

@ 2006-10-18 13:41 ` Ivan Boldyrev
From: Ivan Boldyrev @ 2006-10-18 13:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 9630 day of my life Myriam Abramson wrote:
> [Quoted text removed due to X-No-Archive]

It is spook.el from Emacs, but I use spookmime.el from
<http://www.splode.com/~friedman/software/emacs-lisp/>

--
Ivan Boldyrev

                                       XML -- new language of ML family.

@ 2006-10-16 21:53 ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2006-10-16 21:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, Oct 16 2006, Myriam Abramson wrote:

> I recall some time back during the cold war (yes, I'm dating myself)
> of a gnus command that would insert spy words in the email to send the
> CIA off its tracks. Do u recall what it was?

M-x spook RET?  In `gnus-posting-styles', you may use...

    (X-Spook
     (gnus-replace-in-string
      (with-temp-buffer
	(let ((spook-phrase-default-count 7))
	  (spook))
	(buffer-string))

But I doubt that this works unmodified in your ancient Gnus 5.7/Emacs 20.7.

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)