* How to score a thread?
@ 2002-05-31  8:51 Peter Wu
       [not found] ` <iloverobin.873cw8pp28.fsf@news.socha.net>
From: Peter Wu @ 2002-05-31  8:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

In slrn, I can easily type K and enter a score to a thread. If I enter
a score great enough, the scored thread will always show at the top
automatically.

I'd like to know how I can do this in Gnus. I tried to read the Gnus
manual, http://www.gnus.org/manual/gnus_223.html#SEC223, but I still seem to
be at a loss. :(

Can anyone shed some light on how to make it work? Thanks.

--
"I know nothing except the fact of my ignorance." -- Socrates

* Re: How to score a thread?
       [not found]   ` <ptzcxwnx.fsf@morpheus.demon.co.uk>
@ 2002-05-31 14:13     ` Dheeraj Reddy
       [not found]       ` <u1oonykh.fsf@morpheus.demon.co.uk>
From: Dheeraj Reddy @ 2002-05-31 14:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

Paul Moore <gustav@morpheus.demon.co.uk> writes:

> "Robin S. Socha" <robin-dated-1023101254.848eac@socha.net> writes:
> > I've always found slrn's scoring mechanism lacking. What you're looking
> > for is a combination of scoring and sorting threads by score. We've got
> > a little something of both on my.gnus.org - it might help:
> > <http://my.gnus.org/Members/robin/Doc/scoring/> and
> > <http://my.gnus.org/Members/robin/Doc/threading/>. See also
> > <http://my.gnus.org/Lisp/1014324056>.
>
> These links were quite interesting, but when I tried to print them off
> (using either IE6 or Opera on Win32 - those are the only browsers I
> have) the right side of the articles were cut off, making the overall
> text pretty much incomprehensible. Any chance of adding a "printer
> friendly" version of the pages?
>
> Thanks,
> Paul.

try disabling cascaded style sheet support and it shall be fine.

hth
--
dhee

* Re: How to score a thread?
       [not found]       ` <u1oonykh.fsf@morpheus.demon.co.uk>
@ 2002-05-31 17:45         ` Phil Stripling
From: Phil Stripling @ 2002-05-31 17:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

Paul Moore <gustav@morpheus.demon.co.uk> writes:

> Dheeraj Reddy <dheeraj@ece.gatech.edu> writes:
>
> > try disabling cascaded style sheet support and it shall be fine.
>
> I couldn't find a switch to do this in IE6 - where should I be
> looking?

I don't use Microsoft products, so I can't give you the 'real' answer, but
when I come across pages that have been marked up so that they won't print
correctly, I save them as source files (.html), then go in and fix the
markup so that it's right. In your case, it seems that deleting the
reference to the stylesheet in the header might do the trick for you. If
the page has tables, either removing the table markup or limiting the width
might make the marked up page printable.

--
Philip Stripling                | email to the replyto address is presumed
Legal Assistance on the Web     | spam and read later. email to philip@