* Eliminating extra cursor symbols
@ 2005-02-08  6:44 Donald Arseneau
From: Donald Arseneau @ 2005-02-08  6:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,
I've just updated my system by a big step and am trying to deal with
new annoyances in gnus.

There is the obvious one that emacs is a pig on an old computer,
and startup is really slow, even after suppressing the graphical
Gnu "splash screen" and eliminating the emacs toolbar.  Any other
tips?  (Loading articles seems the same as before or better.)  I
may need to use "emacs -nw" when running over a network connection.

Anyway, my more specific question has to do with extra, disabled,
cursor symbols in other buffers: when the (text) cursor is in the
summary window, there is a disabled (hollow) cursor shown in the
message buffer (and vice versa).  It gets in the way of reading
messages!  Has anyone got settings to make this go away?

(Gnus version will be in the message headers)

--
Donald Arseneau                          asnd@triumf.ca

* Re: Eliminating extra cursor symbols
@ 2005-02-08  8:05 ` Damien Wyart
From: Damien Wyart @ 2005-02-08  8:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

* Donald Arseneau <asnd@triumf.ca> in gnu.emacs.gnus:
> Anyway, my more specific question has to do with extra, disabled,
> cursor symbols in other buffers: when the (text) cursor is in the
> summary window, there is a disabled (hollow) cursor shown in the
> message buffer (and vice versa). It gets in the way of reading
> messages! Has anyone got settings to make this go away?

(setq-default cursor-in-non-selected-windows nil)

--
DW