* bbdb/vcard
@ 2007-12-13 17:33 Richard G Riley
From: Richard G Riley @ 2007-12-13 17:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

I have downloaded vcard.el but have no idea how to proceed from here. I
can not determine from the code just what I should be calling and how or
where from.

Could someone please explain how I can import vcard's into bbdb? I am
guessing it must be supported since cards are so commonly used.

(I just got my k750i contact list downloaded as vcf files using
multisync so this is a good start - but now I want to sync with bbdb).

* Re: bbdb/vcard
@ 2007-12-14 19:56 ` Lowell Gilbert
From: Lowell Gilbert @ 2007-12-14 19:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Richard G Riley <rileyrgdev@gmail.com> writes:

> I have downloaded vcard.el but have no idea how to proceed from here. I
> can not determine from the code just what I should be calling and how or
> where from.
>
> Could someone please explain how I can import vcard's into bbdb? I am
> guessing it must be supported since cards are so commonly used.
>
> (I just got my k750i contact list downloaded as vcf files using
> multisync so this is a good start - but now I want to sync with bbdb).

vcard.el provides parsing routines for vcf, but nothing to assemble
bbdb format.  I don't know of anything that does quite what you're
asking for, but you might want to look over some packages on the emacs
wiki which may be of some assistance.