* Store mails in diferent mbox
@ 2007-07-31 14:50 someusernamehere
From: someusernamehere @ 2007-07-31 14:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

I store currently my mail in mbox, but all my mail is stored in the
same mbox file, but I
want to separate this, for example I'm subscried to some mailings
lists, I want to store
in other mbox file, how I can check this?

I only currently have:

(setq nnmbox-mbox-file "~/caixa")

* Re: Store mails in diferent mbox
@ 2007-07-31 17:32 ` Damien Wyart
From: Damien Wyart @ 2007-07-31 17:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

> I store currently my mail in mbox, but all my mail is stored in the
> same mbox file, but I want to separate this, for example I'm subscried
> to some mailings lists, I want to store in other mbox file, how I can
> check this?

Either you rely on an external tool (IMHO maldrop is better than
procmail even if it is less well-known) or you use what is called "mail
splitting" in Gnus itself. This is well detailed in the manual. As every
one has very personal settings in this area, I think it is better to
experiment your own setting (starting simple) than pasting some existing
code.
http://gnus.org/manual/gnus_161.html
http://gnus.org/manual/gnus_168.html

--
DW

* Re: Store mails in diferent mbox
@ 2007-07-31 18:05   ` someusernamehere
From: someusernamehere @ 2007-07-31 18:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

On 31 jul, 12:32, Damien Wyart <damien.wy...@free.fr> wrote:
> > I store currently my mail in mbox, but all my mail is stored in the
> > same mbox file, but I want to separate this, for example I'm subscried
> > to some mailings lists, I want to store in other mbox file, how I can
> > check this?
>
> Either you rely on an external tool (IMHO maldrop is better than
> procmail even if it is less well-known) or you use what is called "mail
> splitting" in Gnus itself. This is well detailed in the manual. As every
> one has very personal settings in this area, I think it is better to
> experiment your own setting (starting simple) than pasting some existing
> code.http://gnus.org/manual/gnus_161.htmlhttp://gnus.org/manual/gnus_168.html

Hey Damien, thanks for you reply, I have read yesterday these
links :), what I dont understand
and have no read, is if "mail splitting", for example:

(setq nnmail-split-methods
  '(("mail.junk" "^From:.*Lars Ingebrigtsen")
    ("mail.other" "")))

store the mail in a mbox file called mail.junk and mail.other?, or is
not mbox files?,
this is the question

thanks

* Re: Store mails in diferent mbox
@ 2007-08-03  8:51     ` Damien Wyart
From: Damien Wyart @ 2007-08-03  8:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

> what I dont understand
> and have no read, is if "mail splitting", for example:

> (setq nnmail-split-methods
>   '(("mail.junk" "^From:.*Lars Ingebrigtsen")
>     ("mail.other" "")))

> store the mail in a mbox file called mail.junk and mail.other?, or is
> not mbox files?,

splitting only knows about target *groups*, so the storage associated to
these groups will depend on with which backend they have been created
(nnml, nnmbox, nnfolder...). The details are here :
http://gnus.org/manual/gnus_175.html
http://gnus.org/manual/gnus_186.html

--
DW

* Re: Store mails in diferent mbox
@ 2007-08-03 16:48   ` someusernamehere
From: someusernamehere @ 2007-08-03 16:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

On 31 jul, 12:32, Damien Wyart <damien.wy...@free.fr> wrote:
> > I store currently my mail in mbox, but all my mail is stored in the
> > same mbox file, but I want to separate this, for example I'm subscried
> > to some mailings lists, I want to store in other mbox file, how I can
> > check this?
>
> Either you rely on an external tool (IMHO maldrop is better than
> procmail even if it is less well-known) or you use what is called "mail
> splitting" in Gnus itself. This is well detailed in the manual. As every
> one has very personal settings in this area, I think it is better to
> experiment your own setting (starting simple) than pasting some existing
> code.http://gnus.org/manual/gnus_161.htmlhttp://gnus.org/manual/gnus_168.html

I have read in the manuals page some about procmail, but I see
examples for procmail with nnmail and maildir format but no with mbox,
how do this works?

* Re: Store mails in diferent mbox
@ 2007-08-04  8:04     ` Damien Wyart
From: Damien Wyart @ 2007-08-04  8:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

> I have read in the manuals page some about procmail, but I see
> examples for procmail with nnmail and maildir format but no with mbox,
> how do this works?

I am not using procmail myself, but I remember it can work with mbox
files without problem. You might consider having a look at maildrop, it
is much easier to learn and setup than procmail.
http://www.courier-mta.org/maildrop/

--
DW