From: "José A. Romero L." <escherdragon@gmail.com>
To: info-gnus-english@gnu.org
Subject: Re: w3m display buffer
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2010 16:46:47 -0800 (PST)	[thread overview]

Hello Haines,

On Nov 17, 7:15 pm, Haines Brown <hai...@HistoricalMaterialism.info>
wrote:
(...)
> When I have a html file selected in sunrise-commander, and call "! w3m"
> on it, it shows up in another buffer. However, not the buffer I want.
>
> In contrast in sunrise-commander all I need to display a PDF file is do
> RET for a selected .pdf file, and it opens in the other
> sunrise-commander pane in the Doc-view mode. When I'm finished viewing
> it, I can close the buffer and return to where I was before. With a html
> file, in the opposite pance is displayed the the html markup as if I
> intended to edit that markup, instead of display it as a webpage.
(...)

Well, emacs is usually a text editor, so when you open a HTML file
it's pretty reasonable to assume that what you want to do is to edit
it ;)

To achieve the effect you want while using the Sunrise Commander do
the following:

1a) M-x customize-variable [RET] browse-url-browser-function [RET]
1b) Select "Emacs W3" from the value menu and press "Save for future
sessions"
2) Once in Sunrise, press "b" for viewing the file in the web browser.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
--
José A. Romero L.